Posted By: QuitSmoking.com Staff | Apr 23 2014
1. Think about cutting down/quitting.
2. Seek more information about quitting.
3. Modify your smoking risk (switch brands, cut down, etc.).
4. Decide to quit (no date set).
5. Set a quitting date.
6. Refrain from smoking for 24 hours.
7. Complete your first week as a nonsmoker.
8. Complete your first month.
9. Complete your first trimester.
10. Complete your first year.
|“You know smoking two or three cigarettes is better than having smoked two or three packs!”|
|“Take it ONE DAY AT A TIME”|
|Quit Smoking Tip Sheet|
|How to change your habits|
|Here Comes the Great American Smokeout!|
|Nicotine Patches, Nicotine Gum and Nicotine Lozenges|
|Clinical Practice Guidelines: New guideline challenges clinicians to help smokers quit|